Websites in this technological era have increasingly been a vital source of information and have connected companies and customers across multiple service and product offerings. They have increasingly put people on their toes as they try to wade through political, economic, academic and social waters. Companies have competitively sought to outdo themselves through their web designs in order to stand out and rank higher above their competitors.
IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A WINNING WEBSITE
There has been a growing need in understanding the importance of having a website to represent one’s brand. It has become a platform where companies express themselves and their products and services to online users. The continued success of popular blogs and e-commerce sites can be attributed to following best website practices that keep customers coming back.
People connect online and use the Internet significantly as part of their daily business activities. Therefore, websites should be well planned, well designed, and user-friendly. Picking the right team to develop your company website is also important.
A company’s website is a virtual representation of that brand and should make an excellent first impression on a visitor. The driving force behind the development of websites has become a new norm today and is explosively growing the online business model for both B2C and B2B.
To understand a good website and what sets it apart from the rest, you first need to look at the characteristics of it.
Attributes of a good website include:
- Design – A site should be aesthetically pleasing to satisfy and intrigue visitors. It should be clean and easy on the eyes. A well-designed website establishes professionalism, credibility and brand awareness.
- Usability – A good website should be user-friendly by providing ease of navigation, clear and concise content that can be scanned, clear call-to-actions and mobile-friendly.
- Optimization – It’s important that the website is optimized with the right keywords so customers can find it through their online searches.
- Contact – A contact page with the company’s address, physical location, telephone, email and link to relevant social channels is vital.
Additionally, there are a few things to consider when understanding a website and its roles:
- Aim: The purpose and relevance of a product or service to the company and customers need to be determined before deciding what goes on the website.
- Uniqueness: Understanding your competitors and being able to stand apart from them is important.
- Credibility: A website can help establish credibility for a company by positioning them as experts in their field through samples of work done and even client testimonials.
- Importance: The importance of a website can be measured based on the information and benefit it provides to its visitors. If it is solving a problem by providing relevant content, services or products that are satisfactory to visitors, its importance will steadily increase and it will become a trusted go-to source.
Are you ready to start your new website project? Contact Fenix Creative Group, an Orlando website company, for a consultation today!